Catrina Del Rosario Nurse Practitioner
Catrina is a Nurse Practitioner currently working virtually from Hawkes Bay. She studied in Dunedin, she first studied health sciences and then went on to do her Bachelor of Nursing.
She completed her Masters degree and Nurse Practitioner training through Massey University, gaining first class honours. Catrina has also completed a post-graduate diploma in long term conditions management.
She enjoys all aspects of family practice, and has a particular interest in long term conditions and women’s health. Her aim is to provide families with optimal and holistic health care.
What can Nurse Practitioners do for you?
- Combines advanced nursing knowledge and skills with assessment, diagnostic reasoning and therapeutic knowledge to provide patient-centred healthcare services including the diagnosis, treatment and management.
- Nurse Practitioners have advanced training and hold a Master’s degree
- Work autonomously and in collaborative health teams to promote health, prevent disease, improve access and population health outcomes
- Manage episodes of care as the lead healthcare provider
- Responsible for own practice and scope, under the Nursing Council
- Prescribe all medicines except those under section 29
- Admit/discharge from hospital and other healthcare services
- Complete WINZ, ACC and other medical documentation