Tema Lawrence Nurse Presriber
Temarewe studied nursing in Auckland where she completed her Bachelor of Nursing in 2013. She went on to complete a Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences in Advanced Nursing and her prescribing training at the University of Auckland.
She has always worked in Primary Health Care and has a keen interest in Diabetes management and women’s health.
Temarewe focuses on helping and supporting patients from all walks of life in meeting their individual health goals and needs.
She moved to New Zealand with her family in 2007 and has always lived in South Auckland since.
In her spare-time, she enjoys exploring different parts of New Zealand with her family. When not travelling, she likes to bake and do a bit of gardening.
What can Nurse Practitioners do for you?
- Combines advanced nursing knowledge and skills with assessment, diagnostic reasoning and therapeutic knowledge to provide patient-centred healthcare services including the diagnosis, treatment and management.
- Nurse Practitioners have advanced training and hold a Master’s degree
- Work autonomously and in collaborative health teams to promote health, prevent disease, improve access and population health outcomes
- Manage episodes of care as the lead healthcare provider
- Responsible for own practice and scope, under the Nursing Council
- Prescribe all medicines except those under section 29
- Admit/discharge from hospital and other healthcare services
- Complete WINZ, ACC and other medical documentation